Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We are engaged!!!


Joel and I have been going through the process of buying an unfinished house and finishing it before the sale is final, but as of July 28 we will be the proud owners of a beautiful 3 bedroom 2.5 bath home in Carlisle, Iowa. I absolutely love it, even more so since it will be where I start this beautiful family we are creating.


On top of that, Joel proposed on July 7. It was a quiet day here at my current dwelling place, watching "Sandlot" while Charlie took a nap. We curled up on the couch and were talking when he knelt next to the couch. He was smiling and kissing me, but didn't seem too out of the ordinary. Suddenly he put a black box right up next to my face and asked me to marry him. I was thrilled!!! I knew it was coming because of conversations and other events, but it was still special and amazing!!!


So Charlie and his "daddy" and I all went to Idaho 2 days later for Scott's wedding (greatest college friend!) and had a wonderful time seeing friends and going to the sealing. We are hoping ours will be September 5, but there is a pending situation that needs to be attended to before we can fully decide and set the date.


So that is my update. We are happy and healthy and working on our new life. Life is happening, but I wish I could fastforward 2 months, then slow it down. I guess I will just take a deep breath and enjoy the process and the stresses as they come. I am marrying in to a great family, and completing my personal family with Charlie and Joel as we take this next step.
(The photo was taken by the amazing Sallyann while we were in Idaho.)

3 comments:

  1. "when you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with- you want the rest of your life to happen right away"... I may have butchered that quote... but you get the meaning... I love you guys and am soooo happy that I get to witness first hand all of the amazing things that are happening for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karin,
    Congrats!! I am so happy for you! and now we can be blog buddies!!!

    ReplyDelete