Monday, November 5, 2012

Desserts

So, my friends down the street tease me a lot about not eating much sugar, but that's ok. I get so tired and cranky after very much. I dont mind it every once in a while, but I prefer the natural sugars. A friend gave me a recipe for sugar free cookies. I liked them, but these friends didnt. Haha. So below are some ideas, some recipe substitutions, etc.

1. Quinoa "rice" pudding as I said yesterday.
2. Jamba Juice smoothies: you can get pre-measured out packs from Costco for a very good price and its only about 100 calories a serving and so yummy as a dessert, breakfast, or snack.
3. Emerald brand cocoa roasted almonds. Roasted with dark chocolate cocoa with no sugar.
4. Someone posted about mixing canned or fresh pumpkin with vanilla yogurt and cinnamon and using as a dip for apples. Yum!
5. Yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit (I prefer berries) with some ground flax for texture (and regularity)
6. 100% fruit popsicles. You can buy or make them. Kids love them, too.
7. You can make #2,4,5,8 and freeze to have as a kind of ice cream, too.
8. I have a pumpkin smoothy recipe I found:

Substitutions: (most you probably already know)
1. 1T ground flax +3T water = egg
2. Applesauce for oil
3. Honey or agave for sugar
4. 3T milk +1tsp vinegar = 3T sourmilk

PLEASE add anything you have. I have some more on my pinterest if you follow me, and I know I have other recipes, but a lot of stuff is packed so I dont know where it is right now, sorry.

OH WAIT! I almost forgot.
9. Make no-bake drops with honey! Add a little extra cocoa to a little less honey than the amount of sugar the recipe says so its not too strong of a honey flavor. Add in flax or almonds if desired. I recommend putting the warm dough in cupcake papers in the tin to cool because it will be a little runny, but they are SO good and really help with chocolate cravings.




No comments:

Post a Comment