Thursday, November 1, 2012

During the month of September, I cut out all bread/pasta/rice and sugar from my diet, and lost 15lbs. I did it as a challenge to myself, the weight loss was just a bonus. I only cheated 1 time the entire month -- a cheat I allowed myself: sushi on my birthday. I felt great! Not only had I accomplished my goal, but I had more energy, I was fittin in clothing from when Joel and I got married, and others noticed the changes.
However, during the month of October, we started preparing to move, lots of stress and sickness, and needless to say, I quickly fell off the bandwagon. I havent gained all the weight back, but I notice the difference. Sugar makes me more tired, depressed, and cranky. I feel weighed down when I eat a lot of these kinds of foods. So, for November (other than birthdays and Thanksgiving) I am back on it!

While I was doing the diet, I enjoyed finding and creating new recipes to keep the food interesting, yummy, and healthy. Even Joel and Charlie approved of most of it. So I will be posting recipes, updates, ideas, etc on here, along with a little journal of how its going. I am also packing our house to move this month, so any motivating comments back would be greatly accepted.
The photo above is me today: November 1. I am wearing a size 10 jeans. I have about 15-20 lbs to go to my goal. I will weigh myself in the morning (though that wont be posted!) and keep tabs on how much I lose toward my goal.

If you want to do this with me, we can keep in touch. I will try to post lots of recipes: dinners, snacks, deserts, etc. If you want an idea, ask. I have lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment